Monday, May 19, 2008

Sci-Fi Channel gave me an aneurysm

Mystery of the Crystal Skulls - 9PM Sci-Fi Channel, May 19th 2008 - After Indiana Jones 1/2/3 Marathon...
I like fantasy as much as the next nerd, but this was the worst show EVER!!! Terrible horse-pucky explicitly developed to shill for the Movie. My respect for Spielberg has plummeted if he wants such shameful dreck to push Indy 4. The fact that there are nutjobs, charlatans and third-rate actors willing to perpetrate this kind of fraudlulent crap doesn't surprise me, but it does make me despair for our species a little more each time one of these things comes on. I suppose its from the same snake oil salesmen who brought us Ghost Hunters and Destination Truth...
Remember, everytime one of these shows is aired, a puppy is hit by a car... stop the senseless killing (of your brain cells).

PS In case anyone thought that I was transfixed by the craptitude - I watched segments on the TiVo, then FFWD to bits that looked interesting (and universally weren't) to see if it got better (it didn't). Lester Holt clearly needs the money.

No comments: